Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Am Thankful For.....

Living in the United States.

Those willing to sacrifice it all...for the rest of us. (Thank YOU!)

Wives and families of the above mentioned *heros*, who deserve just as much thanks for the heartache they feel everytime they lose out at the benefit of others.

I don't mean to get all sentimental over the military - but does anybody really think about how much they do for us? I am very thankful that I am not personally responsible for defending our country, and that their are those out there able and willing to do so.

Ok - how did I get here? I was on a cloth diapering (I know, an addict) forum, that also has discussion forums for everything, co-sleeping, homeschooling, babywearing, etc., and the amount of "army wives" answering posts just got to my heart. So many mamas are home alone with little ones, or ready to deliver a new babe, without their Darling so that the rest of us can sleep peacefully with our families. I feel these women, and men, are truly sacrificing for the rest of us and I just wanted to give a big public THANKS to them. I cannot say enough good about the men and women out there in our military.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

And for everyone else, the next time you see someone in uniform be sure to say thank you. They will appreciate it probably more than we can understand.

~H

No comments: