Sunday, November 9, 2008

Off the Top of My Head

*This is something new I am trying, after getting the idea off of another blog, which she claims to have gotten from another blog. I've seen it titled many things......basically I'm going to give you some quick takes on a few things that I have opinions about, or have been pondering about lately. Take it or leave it, but here it is.

Do all husbands only cook pizza, or is it just mine? When I said tonight that I really didn't feel like making him any food, heating up leftovers or from scratch, he cooked another pizza. He'd already made one for lunch.

Really, I mean, is it that hard?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been almost 12 weeks since my baby was born and I still can't fit my wedding ring on. I almost got it down to the bottom of my finger yesterday. I was going to let it sit between my bottom knuckle and joint so it could flatten out the fleshy part that's holding up this whole thing.....but I thought better of it when my finger started turning purple. Makes me rethink the whole titanium wedding rings. You can't size them. Ouch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why are the "newborn" babies in movies always about 3 months old? Really. No woman has a baby that big. No wonder Americans are afraid of childbirth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the show "Cash Cab." Have you ever seen it? It's on in the afternoons around 3 or 4 on Discovery Channel. I think all cabs should have a guy asking you trivia questions on your way to your destination, money to be won or not. It would make the whole "sitting in car for 45 minutes while you travel across town" thing more interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I the only Mama who is "drunk in love" with her baby? Why is it that once I have a baby I want, like, 10 more? I HATE being pregnant. Let me say that one more time - I HATE being pregnant. It is an exercise in penance for me. I am truly happy to offer my suffering up to the Lord, but when it's happening I always tell myself that I am never doing it again. And then the baby, the baby, comes! And then I am so in love and so forgetting and forgiving about the whole pregnancy thing that I pray for the Lord to bless me just one more time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can we, as a nation, turn a blind eye so easily at the genocide happening all around us at the rate of 4,000 lives per day? Just remember that when we start to call a group of humans something other than "men", "women", "children", "people", or "babies" that we probably are trying to think of them as less than human and therefore not worthy of human rights. That's why the pro-death movement likes to call a baby a "fetus" or "embryo" - makes it easier to sell the killing of innocent lives to the masses.

P.S. Fetus is Latin for "offspring" or "child". It is also a word that uniquely is used to describe the human baby. You would never call the offspring of a dog in the womb a fetus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you thanked God today? Today is a wonderful day to thank Him. He is always there, always watching over you, always giving you everything you need. Remember to say, "Thanks!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you have it. I hope you enjoy the ramblings of my little mind.

~H

No comments: