Wednesday, November 5, 2008

+JMJ+ Pray For Us!!

As I awoke this morning, a cloud of fear was building around my heart. What has happened in our country?

I drove my two "building school" children to school and my 15 yr. old asked who won the election. When I told her the only words she could think to say was, "That's scary."

She wasn't being sarcastic or blowing it off the way some teenagers in secular society may. She was genuinely frightened at the thought of this man leading our country and even more scared hearing that he had gained that ability.

She isn't the only one.

I, too, am very scared. I could think of nothing other than prayer this morning as I drove back to my home from the school. My husband's reaction has been anger. He is very angry at what has happened. I don't blame him. I don't know why I don't feel angry too.

I am not shocked that this happened, but there is still a sense of disbelief in my mind. I guess I am just so amazed at this man's ability to deceive the people of this nation so easily. Again, my mind goes directly to Hitler and his ability to convince people that he had their common good in mind when he was making decisions.

This morning I am left with these thoughts: What will God think of what we have done? What will be the effect on our country's people? How much more genocide can we endure?

I do not believe that God is vengeful. But I do believe that he listens to what we ask for. I am reminded of an interview that Billy Graham's daughter did on the Early Show. She was asked in reference to Hurricane Katrina by Jane Clayson, "How could God let something like this happen?"

Her answer was the more eloquent than I could have phrased, but makes perfect and absolute sense, especially now - "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"

I cannot imagine what protection we, as a nation, are going to lose with this man leading us. I am afraid for all the lives that God himself has created that will be lost to the holocaust of abortion and what protection we are going to lose because of that.

My only hope is for prayer. Prayer is the only answer I can think of, the only chance we have left. I pray that God shows unfathomable mercy on us. That His forgiveness washes over each and every one of us.

I believe that in the coming years the "change" these people were hoping for, some of them claiming to be Christians and Catholics, is going to be so distorted from what they thought that even they will be able to see the evil this man is surrounded by and the evil he has brought upon our nation. I worry that by then, it will be too late.

I am also reaffirmed in my conviction that homeschooling is the right path for my children and family. Taking full responsibility for what my children learn, especially in the area of religious studies, ensures that they will be taught the fullness of the Catechism and the true teaching of the Church.

I pray for those Catholics and Christians alike who voted for Obama with no real understanding that they were doing the devil's work. It is his work that has created the gap and hole in Catholic teaching and understanding of the Catechism and his work that has lead other Christians to believe that it is OK to go against the will of God.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph pray for us! We need your intersession to survive these horrible sins which we have brought upon ourselves.

~H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dam right I am upset. Taxes are going up and this man will take all the credit of what Bush has set in place already, to make this country great. This happens all the time. Kids that are in collage think that they need change. All of a sudden they get out of collage and find that taxes are to high and why did this happen. Hell they don't work in till they get out of collage and then see how the real world is. And you people that say we need to pull out of this war. Have you lost your _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mind? We pull out now the people over there will really hate us and want us all dead. Oh and are little babies that are going to suffer. You people that voted in this man, I hope you have nightmares of babies dieing in your sleep. I hope you can live with yourselves. The only change we will get is a new ways to kill babies, a new way to raise taxes, a new way to take my rights away to bear arms, an much, much, much more of taking my freedoms away that my family and other men and women has fought for. Shame on you that voted for this monster. Mark my words that it is going to be the worst that the world has ever seen. GOD BLESS US. CMM