Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Must Stick To the Plan!

I am keeping to the no nap rule. However with the addition of Daylight Savings Time (read post about this crazy thing here) and Daddy moving his work schedule to nights, the inevitable has happened:






We are now sleeping while we eat. Yes folks, this is My Petite Flower, asleep with her hand in her macaroni & cheese, head bobbing like, well, a bobble head. You can't see her bobbing because this is just a two-dimensional photograph. But I assure you, bobbin' it was.








I rather like the "macaroni in the front of her dress" look. The new fall fashion for toddlers - coming soon to a kitchen near you.

She did finally keel over and get into a deep snooze. So deep, in fact, that when I took the tray away, did the dishes, and came back to her, she was still asleep. I gave her a rather vigorous rubbing with a wet washcloth (to get all the cheese off, for Pete's sake!) and she still slept. I decided she must be very tired to stay asleep through that and transferred her to the couch.
So now, it is midnight and guess who's still awake? *SIGH* I guess we'll try again tomorrow.
~H

2 comments:

Jen @ Happy Little Homemaker said...

I laughed so hard when I read this that I almost woke up de who was napping on my lap. Thanks for visiting my 7 at post, too!

Aubrey said...

Wow! That happened to us at the lunch table for the first time in six and a half years! It was absolutely hilarious! I did post a video of it. If you want a laugh, pop over and take a look!

http://prosopiavita.blogspot.com/