Sunday, December 27, 2009

Comment response, Blackberry style

I have been trying to get back to you, La Gallina. Blogger, or maybe it's Blackberry, will not let me comment after your comment on my post.

So you get a whole post to yourself. :)

I am working (and by working I mean "seriously thinking about it a lot when I think about blogging") on my conversion story. I am a little crazy about attention to detail so it would ebd up being a rather long post. But since I have recently propsed the same request to another blogger (Hands to War, I am speaking of you (and I can't hyperlink on this dang phone so see the sidebar)), I feel it prudent that I honor your request. I just can't promise when.

As soon as I can, I'm going to check out your Catholic Birth Center links. How cool! Although I don't know anyone off the top of my head who would work for free...I do know someone going to another college who may have some classmates interested.

And my spanish (I'm 1/2 Puerto Rican, raised in TX) is not as good as it once was. What is "la gallina"?

Feel free to email me: ta2ems (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Oh, almost forgot. Knitting (crack). I am just an untalented beginner also. It has almost been a year since I started knitting. What got me over my beginner fears was Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Knitting Without Tears" which my very crafty friend over at Giggles and Goofballs (see sidebar, again) bought me as a gift right after she taught me how to knit. Really awesome!

1 comment:

La gallina said...

Oh, neat-o. My very own blog post.

La gallina means "hen" which is what my Mexican mother-in-law calls me.

She asks me, "Como estan los pollitos? Y la gallina?"

That's, "How are the baby chicks? And the mother hen?"

I have 5 kids, and -uh- another one on the way --RIGHT NOW!! Seriously. I'm having contractions every five minutes or so. Please say a prayer for me because my Catholic birth center doesn't exactly have a midwife at the moment. They have one scheduled to come Feb. 1, and another one who will be here this Thursday!

Right now they have a midwife who will see me, but I may have to go to the hospital where she works, which I don't want to do. I am sitting here fiddling around on the computer to decide when to go on in to the birth center.

I will drop you a note to your email when I can. Thanks for the post. And I can't wait to read your conversion story.

Gotta go. Another contraction's coming on...