Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yes, I can spell....

I even know poper grammer. And I homeschool my kis. Scary.

In that last post, made from my phone at 6am, there is a misspelling that is *bugging* me. Yeah, it's bugging me ebough that I'm posting about it. I'd fix it if I could, but I can't - not without getting online and taking lots of time which I don't have.

So instead I am going to passify my OCD brain and use this post to alert you to it and explain why. M'kay? (Yes, I am a little crazy.)

My phone "helps" with grammar/spelling/punctuation to making typing easier and faster. For instance, if you press the space bar twice (instead of once) it will add a period to the end of the last thing you typed. Cool, right? Well, it also adds apostrophes to words. If you type "h" "e" "s" it automatically changes it to "he's". Every. Single. Time.

So, when I typed "lets" it assumed I meant "let's". I didn't do that on purpose, and it changes the meaning of my sentence which I don't like.

"Milk lets down again"

vs

"Milk *Let Us* down again"

The milk NEVER lets us down! Ever!!

Ok. I feel better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! My phone "helps" too... though I can turn the help off. Sometimes I think about it, but I find that it helps enough that it is worth the occasional frustration.