Monday, November 8, 2010

Gloves, Mittens, and Glittens

Here are two more finished objects.

First up are some "glittens", or whatever you call them, for the Wobbers. He loves these gloves. Loves them.

He specifically asked me to knit these for him. He wants to be able to wear them for hunting so the fingers had to be accessable. They also had to be warm. I knit these out of Patons. They turned out pretty nice. They were a PITA to knit, and I won't be doing any gloves again any time soon. ;)
These are my toddler mittens. I really love this pattern. I have decided that they turned out good enough (and I know I said this before, but I mean it this time) that I am going to write up the pattern and make it available on Ravelry. It will be a free pattern. The pictures even turned out nice!

I really loved knitting these. They knit up fast, use about 30 grams of yarn (oh yeah, I got a yarn scale), and are easy for my toddler(s) to put on.
These are also knit in Patons. I think I am going to get some washable wool, either Cascade or Malabrigo (yes! did you know they have a washable wool now??), and knit some more. It might be nice to have a few pairs that can go in the dryer for those days when we play in the snow a lot.





No comments: