Wednesday, November 24, 2010

As much as I would love 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep....

I cherish this time spent alone with my child, where I am the only one who can meet her needs as she roots around with her face, in the dark, totally trusting I will be there to comfort and reassure her.

I imagine this is how God wishes we would reach for him in times of need - with total, unfailing Trust that He will be there to meet all our needs. There is so much to be learned from the love of a child.

I am eternally thankful for these moments in time - not just because the delicious smell of my baby is intoxicating (it *is*), but also because God has given me the perfect example of His expansive and never ending love for me (wow, *me*) by allowing me to have this wonderful child to love who depends on me for everything.

Watching her sleep in the peaceful dark while and after she nurses are the most rewarding moments of my day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. :)