Sunday, November 7, 2010

Finally, Really FO

Today, I "officially" finished my Baby Surprise Jacket. I sewed on the buttons and took gorgeous pictures outside!!

I actually knit this in Jan/Feb 2010, right after I took my positive pregnancy test for Rose. (Baby blog name....other daughter is Flower, so this one is Rose.)

The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted in Amarosa. I knit it on US size 5 (3.75mm) needles. I love, love, love this yarn.



The buttons were purchased at a (not-too) LYS. They are little wooden buttons. I love them too.


I am very glad to have knit this pattern. It was a little boring at times because of all the "knit, knit, knit". Garter stitch is generally not my favorite. But the yarn made it worth it.



My overall impression: Cute, but I'd rather have a Tomten Jacket for all the time put in knitting garter stitch and all the yarn. This particular jacket fits about 6-12 months. It is too big for my baby right now at 7 weeks, but still looks cute on her if I put it on. I don't love the proportions of this jacket. The Tomten, however, fits about 6 months to 2 years (I have a friend that has knit 2 of them, we've been doing a LOT of talking about sizing, fit, etc, in regards to these two designs). For all the time and effort the Tomten seems a more versitile jacket/coat and is waaaaaay cuter.


Now I have to decide if I want to keep this little beauty or not. I have a bunch of mama friends having babies right now that would probably love a hand-knit gift. And I just don't *love* it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful! but if you don't love it, you won't put her in it. i'd put it in the "gift drawer".