Monday, October 27, 2008

Tick, Tick, Tick......

My 2 month old has not pooped in three days. His toots are quite stinky. I am waiting for the bomb to go off and I pray we are at home when it happens. Not even his cloth diapers, which keep blowouts in far better than disposables (which I know from personal experience), are going to keep this one in. I also hope he has some artical of clothing on which we do not care about very much.

Now, I know it is quite normal at his age in life for breastfed babies to have very different pooping patterns. Anywhere from having poop in every diaper to having poop once a week is normal.

However, my babies have always been closer to the "poop in every diaper" range. This whole NOT pooping thing is new to me. I've heard it has to do with the babes ability to be very efficent with absorbtion and digestion. Great. But there's a little timebomb just waiting for me around every corner.

No comments: