Saturday, September 27, 2008

Love Affair

I have a confession to make.

I am in love with someone who is not my husband.

The affair has been going on strong now for almost 6 weeks.

I see him everyday. He makes me feel like I am on top of the world. When we are alone together it is as though time stands still and all the cares in the world are mysteriously gone. He makes my heart melt every time I lay eyes on him. His voice is like a spring melody, taking me away from all the troubles of today and transporting me into an infinite oblivion of ecstasy.

Who is this marvelous one, you ask? Where did I meet this fine, young specimen?

I first met him (I'm a little embarrassed to say...) in my house. I know, I know. The nerve I have to meet him in the very place my husband and I call home. My lover and I had our first winsome embrace right here in my kitchen followed by hours and hours laying in each others' arms in my bed.

Some nights, while my husband was at work, I would lay awake and stare at him while he slept soundly next to me, awing the the magnificence of his perfectness. Now that my husband is working days, we meet coyly in the early mornings basking in each others' light.

What can I say - I love him. Every time I curl my neck around his and breathe in his sweet aroma I am drunk with affection. Simply being in his presence makes my world complete.

Of course, I am speaking of no man. I am not speaking of a tryst with some random stranger.

I am in love with my baby, my Little Man. I am in love with the one God has sent me to love and that I have been waiting to meet for most of the last year. Funny thing, God's timing. It's perfect. His masterpiece, us humble humans with our free will, has been created with perfect attention to detail. I can no longer focus on anything other than the boy who needs the most of my time, my caring, my nurturing than I could ignore the sunrise and set. He has created us this way, and it is beautiful.

I love being in love with my baby. This is one of the magical times of motherhood and it goes by so fast. He designed it this way. And I am so grateful. There is no one else on this earth I would rather be with. I know these swelling emotions will fade with time and I will once again care to see my husband as my lover, my soul mate, my everything. But for now, when my baby needs me the most, when it is my job to show him that the world is good and full of love, I am so thankful for His wonderful genesis in our lives.

No comments: