Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ramblings from the busy Mom....

I just need to ramble a few things today. Bear with me.

Diaper pins. Hate them. I am soooo glad I don't have to use them on a regular basis. As of this moment, I have only had to use them twice (counting right now).

My Lovey is currently wearing not a "diaper" but a flannel receiving blanket. These cannot be secured by my ever-trusty Snappi. No, my friends, flannel cannot be Snappied. You must revert to diaper pins.

Why I am using a receiving blanket? Because I am currently running low on diapers that are the correct size for my ever-growing, very brawny and stout not-so-little baby. He's a giant, for Pete's sake. We all love a good giant around here. He has outgrown all but 9 of the diapers I own. I have traded some items in my home for some new "fluff". But the new fluff has yet to arrive on my doorstep. Right now, I am washing my 9 diapers and waiting it out in a blanket (not me, him).

Back to the diaper pins. They are horrible. How did the previous generations survive? No wonder disposable diapers were such a wonderful relief (aside from the whole not-having-to-wash-them thing). I do know there are some "pin-loving" mamas out there - and I mean no offense to you ladies. But it is very difficult with my squirming baby, what with his constant kicking during changes and all, to push those pins through the fabric without stabbing him and especially ME. (Can you tell that maybe I've stabbed myself once or twice, or everytime!!!?) I can't imagine using this form of fastening for every diaper. I love my Snappie. And I also love, love, love my diapers that have snaps to fasten them, like these and these.

Moving on.....

I got the Jesse Tree up. I, unfortunately, did not get any ornaments on it until the 13th day of Advent. Since then, no more ornaments up either. Part of the problem I am having is that I have a slight OCD issue with having to read the scripture that goes with the ornament. I can't just put the ornament up each day unless we read the reading. And I don't have time to do the readings everyday, and then they build up and we have a bunch to read....and then I'm overwhelmed and nothing happens for days and days. Yep. That's just how it goes.

We also have no Christmas tree yet, and no Christmas decorations. We are hoping to get out this weekend to cut down our Christmas tree but there is a huge storm headed our way for Friday, so we'll just have to see.

We also have been "Church" shopping. My husband has a diversion to the "big city" near us where we've been attending Mass so we are seeking out our options to find a place that fits us better. We do really like the fact that our Bishop presides frequently at the parish in the "big city", but we need to do what's best for us as a family and staying out of the city is a big priority right now. Unfortunately the parish in our own small town is, well, "spiritually lacking" is the term I would use. It leaves one very thirsty for a deeper experience.

I pray you all enjoy this season and are able to celebrate it for what it is! God Bless!

~H

No comments: