Friday, March 20, 2009

I've Been Busy

Dying that is.


That's the wool with some Berry Blue Kool-Aid on it and "Warm Red", which is Blastin' Berry Cherry with a packet of tangerine.

I tried to mix them to make purple, and got brown. I tried again and got black. I decided I'd just have red, white, and blue yarn. So I put it in the oven.....

And then I had an epiphany. I mixed just a little, itty-bitty bit of Cherry with a whole packet of Berry Blue. Voila! A midnight blue/violety color. I pulled the wool out of the oven and put it into all the white spots (as much as I could).

This is the end result from the oven. Still a little white. I'm hoping it knits up nice. These are for Flower's mittens.