Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WTF!!??

Please use your "adult" vocabulary to figure out what the title of this post says.

I heard about this on the radio today.

Why is it that in our country you will be discredited as a person, made a mockery, thought of as a fool, or cast out of most social circles for saying anything slanderous or discriminatory about any group - UNLESS, of course, you are talking about "white" people (what a stupid name for that particular group, dontcha think?), the Catholic Church, or Catholics in general? Why is it OK to say whatever the %$&* you want about Catholics when if you were saying the same thing about say Muslims or Judaism or Hispanics people would freak out and cast stones in your direction?

After hearing about this issue on the radio and reading the article online, I have to say I am feeling a little, I don't know, irritated. It is a ridiculous "resolution" the city of San Francisco passed. I am sure that not all San Franciscans are "insulted" by the Churches decision not to allow homosexuals to adopt children through their agency. There is a Diocese of San Francisco. There are Catholics there, and I am sure Christians alike, who more than likely agree with this decision. Furthermore, the Constitution of the United States states very clearly, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." It's actually the first part of the First Amendment. Duh.

Anyway, I just thought I needed to share this with you all.

On a completely separate note: I did get to sleep last night. It was much later than I would have liked when I finally got to lay down (around 1:00AM), but fall asleep I did. And then - *tap* *tap* - somebody's trying to wake me up. "What?" I kind of moaned. "Where THE HECK are YOU GOING?" my dear husband asked me. Apparently, I had been running in my sleep. Like moving both legs back and forth as if pursuing a career as a marathon runner. I informed him I was going back to sleep. I had no idea I was kicking - I was just glad to be asleep.

Of course, I informed him today that if he would like to wake me up again while I am sleeping, I will make sure that neither of us can sleep after I am awake. Hee hee. Seriously though, I feel sorry for the poor guy. It can't be easy to sleep with a very pregnant mama and a petite little flower.

~H

No comments: